Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Another interesting day

You've probably noticed in my posts that my company's current construction project has led to some interesting times. Yesterday was no exception. As I was walking to the front door, I noticed that our portable restrooms had an ice dam under them. I thought to myself, "That's not a good sign".

First, let me explain our restroom situation. Our current restrooms have been out of service since the first week of January as they are being completely gutted and redone. We have a portable restroom trailer. These are NOT port a potties. They are heated and cooled with heated running water and flush commodes. We have 2 stalls for women and 2 for men. These are now our main restrooms. Thus, the presence of the ice dam was not good. I had heard people reporting water on the floor on Friday. It was very cold this weekend, so everything froze. Thankfully we do have 3 other bathrooms in our facility, but all are a long hoof and/or not as clean as we are used to. What did I do? I walked to the one that was the farthest (and cleanest). I was the only person to do so. Thankfully, the portable restrooms were returned to service around 10 AM.

The next excitement occurred around 1. I was finishing up my lunch when my coworker came into the lunchroom and said "There's smoke in the office. We're evacuating". At first I thought she was kidding, but nope. There was a haze in the office, and it smelled like something was burning. As the smoke was confined to the office, only people in that area were evacuated and the fire alarm wasn't sounded for the building. Still, this was our THIRD evacuation in 1.5 weeks. They could never find what caused it, but the air finally cleared and we returned to work. Just another typical day at my company.

P.S. We had the smoke AGAIN today. They finally figured out it's not smoke. It's some construction related dust, and they're making a plan to keep it out of our workspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment