Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Black Friday Bargains

While I love a good bargain, I am not a Black Friday shopper. I passionately dislike crowds, waiting in line, and being up way too early or late. However, this year I ended up doing some in a very sane manner. Here are my bargains from this weekend.

O'Reilly

This item was a complete surprise. I needed to top off the coolant in my car (HUGE thank you to my brother for replacing the water pump in it for me recently). When I checked out I got a free Duck Dynasty bottle opener keychain.



It seems the first 25 customers in the store on Friday got one.

Rite Aid

Rite Aid had some great deals in their ad. Since it's a small store and close to my house, I decide to give it shot. I figured everything I wanted would be gone by the time I got there (around 9). Not only was I the only customer in the store, they had almost all the items on my list as you can see for the picture below.



Here's a list of my haul
- 6 pairs of tights for $1.99 each (regularly $5.99 each). When I explained how great a deal this was, the female employees started buying them, and one of the male employees called his daughter to tell her about them!
- 1 bag each of almonds and cashews, free after reward coupon on next purchase (ARC)
- Nail polish kit: 3 magnetic polishes, 2 packages of nail polish strips, and a nail file. $2.99 ARC (regularly $10)
- 3 Carmex lip balms- free ARC
- 6 Nivea tins, 3/$0.99 (regularly $0.99/each)
- 2 rolls of tape, free ARC
- 4 bags of M&M's, on sale 2/$4, $2/bag ARC, plus I had 2 $1 coupons, so total price was 4 bags for $2

I paid $34.68 for 26 items. I have $13.50 in free merchandise coupons on my next purchase, so really paid $21.18 including tax. I also got some additional coupons. You can see that it was a LONG receipt.




Kohl's

This is really what got me to go Black Friday shopping. I had a $10 off $10, a $10 off $30, and a 15% coupon, all combinable. I got to the store around 10:30. There was plenty of parking, but no carts. Not a problem for me. There was no line for the dressing rooms either. There was however a 20 person deep line to check out. Grr. However, I spied that they were doing checkout at the jewelry counter. I waited behind one person, and I was homeward bound. After coupons, I paid $12.69 for all this.




Sam's Club

The one Black Friday item that intrigued me was a Professional HD KitchenAid mixer at Sam's Club. It was on sale for $249 (regularly $299) and had a $50 mail in rebate. I checked online, and that was a good price. Even better, you could order online and have it shipped to your house for free. I looked at the website Thursday, and I decided to sleep on it as that is still a lot of money. When I went to order it Friday, the only color they had left was red which would completely clash with my kitchen. I figured it was a sign I didn't need it. Well, yesterday my mom and I went to Sam's Club to buy a few things. As we walked through the aisle, we saw the mixers in more colors. We then went down another aisle and found more colors, including the color I had wanted all along- copper pearl. Needless to say, it's now in my house.



I was very pleased with my Black Friday shopping. I got some excellent deals, and it wasn't stressful. That's my kind of shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment