Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Go big if they want you to leave home

My coworker has been working with a customer I'll call Jennifer. Jennifer had not worked for at least 4 years. She met a guy online, and he told her "Move in with me and I'll take care of you". She did, and he did, for a while. Now, shockingly, he's tired of the situation. They are no longer romantically involved (his decision, not hers), and he's been been doing less and less to support her. Thankfully, she has taken some positive steps. She got her HSE (high school equivalency) and has been working for over two months. She still has not moved out, and my coworker and I are shocked that he hasn't given her the boot. According to the customer, he has met with a lawyer. He's let her live with him long enough that he'll probably have to go through a legal eviction. Last week she said he offered her $2k to move out. Yes, he willing to pay her to leave, and that's a generous amount. You know what she said?  "I need $4k." He apparently has not responded. I always say "You have not because you ask not." I've created a new version of this saying based on her "Go big if they want you to leave home."

No comments:

Post a Comment