Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Seeing Can Be A Good Thing

If you wear corrective lenses (either contacts or glasses) and love the water like I do, you know the mixture of these two creates challenges. I have known people to handle it in a variety of ways. We had a family friend who always swam with his glasses on. I have a co-worker who swaps her normal glasses for disposable contacts and goggles. I'd bet though, that most people do what I do- simply go without. I can see well enough without them to know that the blob in front of me is a person, though recognition of which person can be dicey. I've used this approach exclusively for years.

Last year though, I swam more than I had since I was a kid. I bought a pass to the pool that's just a couple of miles from where I work, and many days after work I went. I decided to look into prescription goggles. My search led me to Aquagoggles. I read their information, found the price reasonable, and decided it was worth a shot. I got copy of my glasses prescription and placed an order. Very quickly they arrived. MONEY COMPLETELY WELL SPENT. I haven't been able to see this well under water in over 20 years. I had forgotten that this is what it is supposed to look like. As an added bonus, I can see much better above water if I have them on. (The only time this is negative is certain people are not good at choosing appropriate swim attire for their body shape).

If you or someone you know is impacted by the corrective lenses/water sports issue, I highly recommend giving Aquagoggles a try. I'm very pleased with this gift I bought myself. No, they are not paying me to write this. However, if someone from the company sees this post, I'd happily accept another pair in the exact same prescription as last year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment