Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Study: 1 in 25 Business Leaders May Be Psychopaths

This is the title of a recent article by Time Magazine. It was forwarded to me by my boss (head of HR) and to him by another manager. My first thought was that number had to be on the high side. After reading the article, I think it might be low, at least at my organization. I bet some faces from where you work (or places you've worked before) came to mind. My favorite quote in the whole article?

"They also tend to be charming and manipulative — and in corporate America, that easily passes for leadership."

That is so true. How often do you see true leadership in your company? I tried to think of one example from where I work, and I couldn't for a long while. I finally did though. It is probably the experience that has made me the most proud to work for my employer. Sad, though, that I can only come up with 1 in 11 years.

There article also has a link to a list of Top 10 Worst Bosses. It's definitely worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment