Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 24, 2015

It's like this person knows me

A recent article on AskAManager.com focused on working with others when you don't necessarily agree with them. I'm sure you've never had to do that right? My favorite quote was this:

Task-focused people can get the job done whether they like another person or not. 

Oh yes, so this. Anyone who knows me well will tell you I am definitely a task oriented individual. I am all about the checklist. Dealing with humans when it's required to complete items on the list- not my favorite thing. One day at my previous job my team was meeting about something when I commented "I am not a team player." My boss, who'd worked with me for over 10 years at that point, seemed shocked by this. My coworker said "She is not a team player, but she can work well in a team." That's it in a nutshell. When I read the above comment in the article, it was like the author had met me.

No comments:

Post a Comment