Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Putting our problems in perspective

My family is currently dealing with a situation that has us very stressed. We had a meeting scheduled for Wednesday of this week to discuss the issues at hand. Obviously this had been on my mind quite a lot on Tuesday. However, Tuesday night our problem was put in perspective for me. I was having dinner with my friend, and he mentioned that on Wednesday he was having a removal of and biopsy on a spot on his liver that is likely cancerous. Wow. It hit me that while what we are dealing with as a family is very important to us, it could be so much worse.

After the meeting on Wednesday I called my mom to give her a debrief of the meeting. I then told her of the perspective my friend's situation gave me. She said she had a similar thing happen to her on Wednesday. A friend of the family is potentially facing a very grave health issue. Life sometimes has  way of putting our difficulties in perspective for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment