Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 21, 2021

Bacon on the grill

Like many people, I love bacon. I don't eat it often because 1. it's not the healthiest food and 2. bacon is expensive. It didn't used to be, but it certainly is now. When I was at the grocery store last week and saw Oscar Meyer Natural bacon marked down from $9.99 to $3.49 because it was nearing its sell-by date, I bought all 3 packs they had. If there had been more available, I would have bought them. I put two packs in the freezer for future use and kept one in the fridge to cook. Normally I cook bacon in the oven on a rack over an edged baking sheet. It's less messy than stove top, but still a hassle. I wondered if you could cook bacon on the grill. A google search revealed you can, and it got great reviews.

Today, I gave it a try. You turn on the grill, put a cast iron pan on the grill surface, then close the lid until it reaches 400 degrees. Then add the bacon and cook for 5-7 minutes on one side. After that, flip the bacon and cook a few more minutes until done. This is by far the best way to ever cook bacon other than having someone else do it for you. Here is the finished product:



I like my bacon extra crispy (aka almost burnt), but you can cook it your preferred texture. Cleanup was easy- drain off the grease (do not it put down the sink- PSA from the person who works for the sewer company) and wash the pan. No grease on your stovetop or in your oven, and no lingering smells in your house. Next time you need to cook bacon, definitely give this method a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment