Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

I-bonds just got even more interesting

 Last fall I wrote about I-bonds. Today, it was announced that the rate for the upcoming 6 months will be 9.62%! Yes, nearly 10%. This will be a record. The financial nerd set, self-included, is practically salivating. As I told my mom previously, some of the people on one of the financial boards I follow have serious bucks. There are people that buy the $45K annual limit of I-bonds each year ($10K for each spouse, $10K for each spouse's trust, and overpay their federal taxes enough to get $5K in paper bonds from their tax return). Though I'm not in their league at this point of my life, I do like reading their posts as I learn a lot. 

I'll repeat my disclaimer from the last time I wrote about I-bonds: I am not a financial advisor, nor do I play one on TV. This article is not a suggestion for you to buy anything. It is my thoughts on something interesting to me. If you'd like to learn more, do your own independent research from reputable sources. 

No comments:

Post a Comment