Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 28, 2023

Inquisition by a 4 year old

When I wrote this post about my 3 year old niece, I knew I needed to share this story about her older sister. This took place 4 years ago when my niece was 4. I was watching her at my house for a bit while my sister did some things that are easier done without a 4 year old in tow. In a short time after she arrived, she had already posed the following questions to me in fairly rapid succession:

- "Why don't you live with anybody?"

- "Why don't you have any carpet in your house?" (my main floor is a mix of laminate, hardwood, and tile)

- "Why don't you have a car seat?" (I couldn't drive anywhere with her while she was here because I didn't have one.)

As you can see, there was a lot going on in her little head.

In case you are curious, here were my responses:

- "Because I like living by myself"

- "Because I don't like carpet that much"

- "Because I don't have any kids" to which she promptly responded "I stay here sometimes."

I love watching my nieces' and nephews' brains at work, even if they do sometimes make me feel like I am at an inquisition.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment