Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Double Take

As I was walking to the car this morning, I noticed what appeared to be a wash rag on my neighbor's windshield. I just had to go back and look, and not only was there a cloth on the end of her windshield wiper, there was no blade. When I got home after work, I inspected it more closely. It was zip-tied on! Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure



Yes, that is something isn't it? I asked her about it later. She said she was driving down the highway when the passenger blade flew off. If she used the wipers (necessary with the constant monsoons we've had of late), the bare wiper scratched her windshield. Thus, an invention was born.

What about a new wiper blade you might think? She said she went to Wal-mart, and they didn't have one for her car. Since then a family member has obtained one for her, but she hasn't made it over to have it installed.

This reminded me of a scary wiper incident in which I was a participant. I was riding with my friend, and it started to rain pretty hard. Did she turn on her wipers so she could see? No. I asked her why. She said her blades were so bad THEY SCRATCHED THE GLASS. She said she never thought about replacing them unless it was raining. This as we are driving probably 60 mph through town on the interstate with almost nil visibility. Yes, I was glad when that care ride was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment