Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Divine Moment

Have you ever been in a situation where you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that you were exactly where you were supposed to be just then? I call that a divine moment. I'd like to share with you one I was fortunate to have recently.

I was sitting at the gate ready to board a flight for a business trip. An announcement was made: "We need volunteers to give up their seats on this flight. In exchange we'll offer you $400 in (airline name) vouchers". Yes, I RAN to the counter and asked when they could get me to my final destination. It would only delay me an hour and 45 minutes AND they would upgrade me to first class on the 1st leg of the trip. I told them "you had me at $400, but first class put me over the edge". I had never in my life flown first class. The gate agents were very appreciative and expressed their thanks that I was willing to take the bump. Yes, they really need that seat. I think they had a crew member they needed to get to another destination. Whatever the reason, I was THRILLED.

In addition to the fabulous blessing of the airline voucher and upgrade to first class, two other things happened that would not otherwise have occurred if I'd have taken my original flight. First, I got to have an hour and a half conversation with a friend in another state. She is normally unavailable when I'm off work and vice versa. It was great to get to catch up with her. Next, when I went to each lunch, I ran into a high school classmate I hadn't seen in years.

I know for sure that I was exactly where I was meant to be during this period of time. It was an awesome experience.

P.S. If you're wondering what I thought about first class, I loved it. What was so great? Your seat is much larger and nicer, and there is SO much more legroom. If you ever get the chance to get upgraded or fly business or first class on someone else's dime, go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment