Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Happy Birthday

Please join me in a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday.

Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to my car!
Happy birthday to you!

Yes, today is my car's birthday. And not just any birthday. It is now ten years old. It's hard for me to believe that 10 years ago today I drove it new off the dealer lot. I had always wanted a sports car, and now I finally had it. I'd wanted a convertible too, but my budget only allowed for a convertible or the bigger engine. My dad always said choose the biggest engine available, and I did. It was the right choice. Thanks dad!

I've been very blessed with this car. I've only had one nonroutine repair in a decade, and it was only about $150. It's completely reliable, and I love driving it. I still get compliments on it, and I've had people tell me that if I ever sell it, they want to buy it. Happy birthday to one sweet ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment