Total Pageviews

Monday, October 29, 2012

I told you so

Remember when we hired the guy who brought his girlfriend to the interview? What I didn't say then is that this person was going to be my new sort-of boss. My boss is theoretically nearing retirement (he keeps saying "in a couple of years"), and so this person was to train with him to be ready when the day finally did come. In the interim the newbie would be the day-to-day supervisor of my coworker and I in theory. Let's just say my initial judgement of him was not far off. I can get along with most people, but I've never meshed with him. In fact, having to see him was the thing I most dreaded about going back to work today after my over week of vacation.

Well, it turned out to be a great day back today because HE RESIGNED last week.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so happy I actually came home and danced.

I thought I'd hidden my dislike of him, but obviously not as several people commented about how happy they knew I'd be. My coworker said someone had mentioned to her how happy I seemed to be and she said "there is no love lost". A huge understatement to say the least. I asked my coworker "Is it wrong if I want to sing the Hallelujah chorus?"

Now, yes, I do have to take my tiara back temporarily. However, I've made it very clear that this is interim only until we get someone hired, and I've already told my boss I need a raise to even to do that. I'd rather have this than have to deal with the now ex-supervisor.

And best of all, I get to say "I told you so!"

No comments:

Post a Comment