Total Pageviews

Monday, August 19, 2013

It's the simple things

Isn't amazing how small things can make us so happy at times? A few examples:

1. Yesterday I put on a pair of shorts that were a tad snug the last time I wore them. This time, they were baggy. YES!

2. We gave away free candy at work a few times last week. Some of it was gifts from our office supply company, and some of it was some supposedly stale stuff my coworkers unearthed in our stash (they'd been noshing on it quite a bit I think). People flocked like vultures, and they were happy little peeps.

3. I found a dime while I was out walking yesterday. Yes, ten whole cents. But who doesn't like to find unexpected money in any amount?

4. One of my favorite things to do in the whole world is to sit on my porch and read a good book. Low in cost, but highly enjoyable.

Yes, I'd love to find $10 million on my doorstep the next time I come home, but little things can bring great joy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment