Total Pageviews

Monday, October 7, 2013

Great quote on finances

I recently read an article about personal finance by Dan Cupkovic in a local business journal. Unfortunately I can't post the link since it's exclusive content for subscribers. What I will share are his three main points: patience, perseverance, & frugality; and the last sentence, a quote that resonated with me "Becoming wealthy is a psychological commitment, first and foremost." I will be the first to say that I am completely against the accumulation of wealth for its own sake. But I do believe that being good stewards of what we have puts us in the position to do great things to improve the lives of others and gives us more options in our personal lives.

I am always horrified when I hear people say "I'll always be poor" or "I'll never have money." You are sealing your own fate at that point. You say it, and you set yourself up to be a self-fulfilling prophecy. I don't believe that if I say "there will be $10 million on my front porch when I get home from work tomorrow" that suddenly it will happen, but I also know it's not impossible (improbable yes). When you set your mind that you will be better off financially than you are today, your open your mind, eyes, and ears to the possibilities you encounter that can help you make that goal a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment