Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

How to lose your job in HR

This week we got some scoop on why the HR person for the building from whom we rent space was fired. One of the staff was telling us that they were working on replacing her. Being me I asked "So why did she get fired?" His response "Let me put it this way. It's easy to get fired if you don't file for 2 years." It seems nothing in that time frame had made it into employees' files. Instead she had huge stacks of paper in her office. Nice system huh? Apparently one of the big wigs found out that's why they'd been unable to find things they needed, and out she went.

Having done a ton of HR filing in my day, I know it's not glamorous. But it is necessary if you want to have an organized HR department and if you wish to remain employed yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment