Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter Baked Treats

For Easter I decided to try two new recipes.

The first was Yellow Cake with Salted Chocolate Ganache. Yellow cake with chocolate icing is my favorite, and as soon as I saw the recipe from Better Homes and Gardens, I was in. The result?


It was delicious! I made only 1 change to the recipe. Based on advice from my baking consultant (aka my mom), I used 2/3 semisweet and 1/3 milk chocolate instead of the dark. As usual, Mom was right.

Speaking of Mom, I was at her house last weekend when I came across a recipe for cranberry biscuits in Joanne Fluke's latest Hannah Swenson novel. I asked Mom if she thought they'd be good for Easter, and she thought they would.


The family consensus was this recipe is definitely a keeper!

I'd like to mention a special thanks to my former coworker's chickens. They provided the farm fresh eggs that helped my treats be so delicious.Keep up the good work ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment