Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Disruption can actually be blessing in disguise

Thursday I was scheduled to have an interview after work (yea, an opportunity to leave my job!). I got a call at work about 10 that morning tell me that due to a scheduling conflict on their end we'd have to reschedule. The next day that worked for both of our schedules was Tuesday. I was not pleased. First, that will impact how quickly the candidacy process moves. Even more upsetting, it disrupted my plans. I had done all my prep work the night before, worn my interview attire to work, and driven the vehicle with functioning a/c to avoid being a literal hot mess when I arrived at the interview. This was all for naught now. But what can you do? The silver lining was I now had time in my schedule for a swim after work. I took advantage of that, and it was great.

Things got even better when I arrived home. I had a message from another company to which I had applied recently, and they wanted to set up an interview. Later that night while doing some research about this company and position, I checked my e-mail right before I went to bed. That is something I very rarely ever do. Well, would you believe I had an e-mail from a third company wanting to set up an interview? Not only that, it's a position about which I am really excited.

I got in touch with both companies on Friday. I now have three interviews for Tuesday- one at 8:30 AM, one at lunch, and one after work. In addition to feeling pretty in demand, logistically it works great. It is only 1 day that I'll need to dress up in interview clothes, remember to bring my GPS, and compile my interview folder with resumes, reference lists, and interview questions.

I was not happy to have my plans for Thursday disrupted, but I see now that it was completely a blessing it disguise. Life is like that a lot isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment