Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Do you see the irony here?

During time between interviews Tuesday, the members of the interview team were chatting among ourselves. We were discussing dealing with difficult people, and I mentioned my oft-expressed observation that some people have never learned that you get better results by being nice to people than by being rude. When the hiring manager of the position for which we were interviewing strongly agreed with me, it was all I could do not to roll my eyes. She is extremely difficult, and there is no love lost between my team and hers. One of the reasons she has 3 openings on her team right now according to my boss is "people are trying to get away from her." Yes, there's definitely some irony there. As my parents told us "we don't always see ourselves as others see us."

No comments:

Post a Comment