Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 14, 2017

What a difference a detour makes

Once of the main roads I use to get to and from work is down to 1 lane for about a half mile due to construction. A half mile isn't much, but the backups it causes are horrendous. There is a back way I can use, but of course that is closed entirely for another construction project. Happy happy joy joy. After taking around 20 minutes to move a mile on the way to work week before last, I decided something had to give before my sanity did. There is an alternate route for the back way that is currently closed. I had tried it before and somehow got turned around. I was now desperate enough to try again.

The next morning I set out a few minutes early with my trusty GPS. Lo and behold, I didn't even need it. The detour was very well marked, and the route was great. It goes through a developing industrial park, and there is no traffic. On the way home that day I found an even better route that is now my daily way to work and back. It is so nice to just get in my car and drive. No traffic, just cruising along. An additional bonus is this route has 1 stop sign between me and the interstate. My normal route from that point has 5 stop lights. The new route is slightly longer but much more pleasant. What a difference a detour makes.

No comments:

Post a Comment