Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Information Not To Share When You Interview

Yesterday as I was showing one of the candidates to the interview room, I was making small talk and asked "How are you today?" His response "Better than when I got up this morning. I think I just got over the flu".

GREAT, we're so exited you just brought your cooties to our building, and that you'll spend an hour in this small room sharing the same air with some of our people (thankfully not me).

As soon as I gave him his application I went and washed my hands. After my boss got out of the interview and came back to his desk, I waited until he looked up and then did the "TGG" cheer. I then told him how I already knew the guy was a TGG before the interview started. Then the other 2 people who sat in on the interview came in. I told them the story and pointed out that my boss was already liberally applying hand sanitizer as they stood there. Everyone else who heard the story at work was amused and pretty incredulous that this guy would volunteer this information. Maybe being sick had impacted his reasoning skills?

No comments:

Post a Comment