Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Farewell to Flooring

A few months ago my landlord's son (about my age) became a part owner and moved into the building. As part of his move-in, he removed the kitchen tile (not bad) and the hideous blue living room carpet. Some time after that my landlord was talking to me about this, and he said if I was willing to sign a lease extension, they'd do the same for my apartment. I said no way. I'm hoping to buy a house very soon, and I'm not giving up my current month to month status. Not too long after this, he said he wanted to do it anyway. In addition to being ugly, it was really starting to show wear.

Wednesday night I moved everything I could out of these two rooms into the bedrooms so they could demo the floor on the next day. Here's what it looked like when I was done:




When I got home Thursday most of the big furniture had been moved, and the floor were being torn out. I felt like I was living in an episode of "Hoarders". The bedrooms were crammed with stuff. I was talking to my mom from the spare bedroom. In there with me was my stove, washer, and dryer. Visual clutter drives me crazy, so this was quite stressful for me.


The floor was laid Friday. I stayed with my mom and brother that night. Today they installed the trim, and I got to come home. Here's what I saw:



 
Worth feeling like I was on hoarders, having to pack and unpack everything, being displaced from my house for a day, and one major reaming of the landlord's son on Tuesday? Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment