Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Another Reason I Don't "Like" Facebook

My lack of enthusiasm for Facebook is something that is no secret among those who know me well. There are several reasons, but last week I added yet another.

We had an incident involving Associate X. Later in the week, one of my neighbors asked me "What happened to Associate X?" Now, my neighbor knows X and I had the same employer and that I work in HR. I told my neighbor I couldn't go into it. He pressed, I repeated my answer.

The rest of the conversation went like this:

Me: "Why don't you ask X?"
Neighbor: "Because then I'd have to talk to him"
Me: "Then how did you find out"
(Me thinking it at the same time as he said it) Neighbor: "Facebook"

It seems X's wife had posted enough about the situation to make people ask questions.

Really? Who would do this? I asked a couple of people, and they told me they could totally see this happening, if for nothing else than to generate sympathy.

Yet another reason I don't like Facebook: it puts information in the hands of people who otherwise wouldn't have it and makes my life more difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment