Total Pageviews

Monday, March 4, 2013

I have the solution

As you as exasperated as I am about Congress's seeming inability to do anything EXCEPT argue with one another? I doubt they could even pass a unanimous proclamation that today is Monday. After watching last week as neither side made any real move of substance of the budget, I've come up with a solution that will make them iron out their differences in no time.

All members of Congress will be put on a cruise ship in the Caribbean at the point farthest from land (some of you already see where this is going don't you?). They will endure conditions identical to those suffered by the recent passengers of the Carnival Triumph. There will also be media blackout while onboard. As soon as they reach a binding (i.e. recorded vote) agreement, they get off the ship. I bet it would take less time than it did to tow the Triumph back to port.

This idea is inspired by JP Morgan's famous "locking the bankers in his library". I think he'd love my suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment