Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Why I Love Southwest

Last year this time I earned a $400 travel voucher for taking a flight that got me to my destination 1.5 hours later. It was a great use of my time. Yesterday I tried to use the voucher to make reservations for my mom and me to fly to San Antonio in June (aka 2013 vacation #2). I was so mad by the time I was done. To get the tickets at the times we needed was still going to cost us $400 additional A PIECE.

I then looked at Southwest. The tickets were cheaper and we had tons of flight options. I then got a bright idea. I called and asked my mom if she would mind if we paid straight up for the San Antonio tickets (still not cheap) and then used the $400 travel voucher on the other airline to go to Florida later in the year (aka 2012 vacation #4. I know, it's hard to be me sometimes). With Southwest, if the fare falls you can get a credit for that amount for a future flight, something most airlines don't do. She agreed. I booked the San Antonio tickets on Southwest with no problem.

Using the voucher for the other airline was a nightmare. I was unable to redeem the voucher online, so I had to call. It took 3 different people and approximately 30 minutes on the phone to get the transaction to work. Finally, they got it done, and we are flying to Tampa for next to nothing in October.

Tuesday is fare sale day at Southwest. I checked the ticket prices today, and they had dropped $34 since yesterday! I called Southwest, and the person was able to tell me in 30 sounds how to rebook and get the credit issued. It was super easy, and now my mom and I are thinking about what will probably be 2014 vacation #1. As I told the person from Southwest, this is one of the reasons I love Southwest. Their customer service and refund policies are just so much better. Keep up the good work Southwest. You are my first choice when I fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment