Total Pageviews

Friday, July 4, 2014

People different from you part #3

I have written before about how we often "know" that not everyone is like us, but that it can still come as a shock when we are confronted with evidence of this. Here are two recent examples.

Example 1- The Amusement Park
We were talking about a local amusement park, and one of my coworkers said there is no way physically that she could spend all day doing that. She is younger than I am. I wanted to tell her that my mom has no problem spending all day riding rides, walking all over the park, etc. I was a bit slack jawed.

Example 2- The Drive Thru

A local radio station promotes a "drive thru difference" every couple of months. On the designated day you are encouraged to pay for the order behind you in the drive through line. I like the concept, but I don't do fast food much, and when I do, I go inside. The last time I went through a drive thru was in August of last year while I was on vacation. On a related note, we are talking about fast food at work recently, and I said how the food from Chain X is overall not good. My coworker stated that yes, it was. I wanted to ask her "Do you know what good food is?"

No comments:

Post a Comment