Total Pageviews

Monday, February 9, 2015

That took some nerve

This morning a customer asked our receptionist to see me. He said another customer had recommended me as someone who would be helpful with his job search. When I met with him, I was incredulous to find that the person who told him to come see me was his wife. I and other staff members had indeed put in lots of hours trying to help her find a job. However, as soon as she got the offer she went off the grid. She would no longer return my phone calls. We are required to get documentation when customers start work, and then the next quarter we have to ascertain if they are still working. Since she wouldn't communicate with me, I had to get the information from the employer. Thus, this customer has been on my bad list for some time. To think she then had the nerve to recommend her husband come see me for assistance!

Thankfully I was able to treat him professionally and not say "Your wife has some nerve. She refused to cooperate after all the hours of help we gave her, and now she's sending you to us for assistance? You are tainted with guilt by association." I didn't say it, but I wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment