Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 21, 2015

The cobbler’s children have no shoes

Tuesday I had a meeting with a customer. When we scheduled the meeting I told him to bring I-9 documentation. I discussed some examples, and he said he would bring the appropriate items.  What does he bring me? A driver's license and a military ID, both list B items. I told him that, and he said "it will work since I have two right?". I said "No, you must have one each from lists B & C or one from list A." What does this guy do for a living? HR. I-9 documentation is an HR 101 type of item.

As soon as he left, my coworker said "The HR guy doesn't bring appropriate I-9 documents." It was exactly what I was going to say. I am not impressed with his HR knowledge. This is a classic example of the cobbler's children having no shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment