Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

It's a small world

I've been at my new job for 8 days, and I've already run across people I know in a few ways. Last week one of the hiring managers at an interview was someone I went to church with over 20 years ago. His name was on the schedule, but it's not an uncommon first or last name. I had wondered if it was him, but I thought the odds were against it. As soon as he walked in the interview room, he said "Do you know who I am?" I said I did indeed.

This week I've been reviewing resumes for some of our open positions. I've found one for an HR person I know and another person who recently got fired by one of my former employers. Most interesting to me is the resume for someone who is now the HR person at a company where I interviewed this summer. During the interview I knew that it was not the job for me. Apparently this person has decided it's not for her either. She's been there since July and is trying to get out.

It is indeed a small world after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment