Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Sometimes things are part of a bigger plan

One of my friends recently got a jetski. That is fantastic news as I get enjoy the fun of riding without the cost of ownership. I will admit to being honked, though, that I had to buy my own life jacket (a must when jetskiing) and state park gate pass (the closest boat ramp). In my opinion, the former is the responsibility of the jetski owner, and for the latter, we could just meet before entering the park rather than each of us purchasing a pass. But I didn't gripe, because, oh yeah, I get to jetski for free.

Fast forward to last weekend when I realized there was a bigger reason I bought both of those, unbeknownst to me. My family spent last weekend at an area lake. We rented a cabin for 2 nights and went boating. The lake is part of another state park, and my park pass came in very handy. The life jacket also got extensive usage while we were tubing. The boat we rented had life jackets, but the style of mine was much more comfortable to wear while performing that activity. I told my mom that the purchase of these items was part of a bigger plan of which I was not aware at the time. So often life is like that. Things happen that we don't love at the time, but (sometimes much) later when we look back, we realized it was all part of a larger plan that we just couldn't see then.


No comments:

Post a Comment