Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

This Might Qualify As Justifiable Homicide

Today I was telling one of our managers how well I thought one of his new hires was doing. At the end of the conversation he said "I'm lucky I survived last night". I was really confused until he held up his left hand and said "I lost my wedding ring." He's been married 4 days. The ring lasted 3!

He said he went to the tanning bed yesterday (always a bad idea anyway), and he took off his ring. He thinks it must have fallen out of his pocket at some point. He realized it and went back to check at the tanning salon, but no luck. He had just said last week how the price of gold (currently around $1500/ounce) had made his simple band cost almost $1000. He said he's buying a silver one to replace it.

He said his new bride didn't say much, but he could tell she was not happy. I'm surprised she didn't kill him on the spot and go for a defense of "justifiable homicide".

After he told this story, one of my coworkers said her husband lost his wedding ring when they'd been married less than a month. She said they never replaced it (they've been married over 35 years), and he wears his college ring (which he got quite a bit later) on the ring finger of his left hand.

Morale of the story: don't lose your wedding band. Your spouse will probably not like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment