Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bulking Up

Our company is having yet another weight loss contest. Can you tell these are not my favorite thing? I am all for encouraging people to live healthier lives. However, what happens is the same people win, and then they gain all the weight back. Yo-yo dieting is NOT healthy.

To prepare for the contest, my boss has been bulking up. Yes, packing on the pounds in preparation. He has won EVERY pounds lost contest we've ever had that I can remember, though I think he's been edged out on percentage lost before. Here are two examples for illustrative purposes.

Last week
Our team had been invited out to lunch. At the end of the meal, our host asked if we wanted dessert. My coworker and I got ours to go because we were full. My boss, who almost never gets dessert, not only ordered his to consume right after a large lunch, he called out after the waitress "Can I get that a la mode?" And yes, he ate it all.

This week
Last week I introduced my coworker to Dove Ice Cream bars. I couldn't believe she'd never had one before. Needless to say, she loved them. Tuesday I had to run several company errands, and I asked my team if there was anything else I should pick up. She said Dove bars. She happily ate hers when I returned. A few minutes later what do I see? My boss eating one. (The company paid for all the Dove Bars mentioned herein. Life is hard sometimes).

As you can see, my boss is working hard to win. I'll give him this- he's really disciplined, so it'll be hard core when the contest starts Monday.

On a related note, my coworker was sad this week that she weighed LESS than normal. She was aiming for 10 pounds in the contest, but she's already lost 7. She doesn't want to lose 10 more on top of that. Not often you hear people upset about weighing less than normal is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment