Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Why Don't You Want My Money?

One of my projects this year has been to consolidate my savings accounts. I previously had two- one I just kept open with the minimum amount to earn a higher cash back rate on my credit card and my primary one. Recently the extra cash back for the credit card was reduced, so it was time to consolidate.

I did some research via bankrate.com to locate the best paying online accounts. I was amazed at how many places would not accept accounts that are set up as a trust. I've had all my accounts in the name of my trust for 2 years. I've never had a problem. Why don't these people want my money? I truly don't get it.

I finally did have success with Ally Bank. They were happy to take my cash. If you're looking for a new bank, I'd highly recommend them. You can get a live human 24/7 by pressing zero, and every time I've called, I've gotten a native English speaker. Much easier to communicate that way. They also post on their website how long the wait is to speak to a representative. I've never seen it longer than a couple of minutes. They'll also send you an ATM card and free checks for the account if you wish. Overall, I'm very pleased. And no, they aren't paying me to recommend them. Though if they'd like to throw some extra cash my way, I am very open to the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment