Total Pageviews

Friday, December 9, 2011

Sleep In Heavenly Peace- and Warmth Too

If you are like me, you try to keep your heating costs down by turning down the thermostat while you sleep. However, I have discovered that it's very hard to sleep when you are cold. I have found the perfect solution- a heated mattress pad. I first had one over 15 years ago. I found one for $10 on clearance at Wal-mart.  I used it on my twin bed at college and passed it on to one of my sisters after that.

Once I got my own place I wanted one again. They are readily available, for example Target carries them. I think I bought mine at JCPenney. Shop around and find one for a good price. They are much better than an electric blanket. Heat rises, so as the mattress pad heats the warmth passes straight into you. My trick is to turn the mattress pad on while I'm getting ready for bed. Then when I crawl in the sheets are all nice and warm. It's like being in a cocoon. Queen and king sizes normally come with dual controllers so each person can be as warm or cool as desired.

If you have someone in your life who hates to be cold while sleeping, this would make a great Christmas present. Order it now so it will be here in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment