Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Further Proof That Moms Know Stuff

A couple weeks ago I had the worst case of chapped lips ever (more specifically, the skin around my lips). It was terrible. No matter what I tried, I could not get them to heal. When I mentioned this to my mom, she asked if I'd been using a new toothpaste recently. She'd had a similar incidence once, and her dermatologist ID'd it as a reaction to her toothpaste. I'd told my mom I wasn't using a new toothpaste, so that wasn't it. However, later that evening I realized that while I wasn't using a new toothpaste, I've never used this toothpaste for this long. It's a sample tube, and I used it before while traveling, but that's only for a few days.

That night I started using a different toothpaste. Problem solved. It made perfect sense in retrospect as my lips were worst when I woke up. They'd been exposed to the toothpaste all night since I usually brush my teeth for the last time right before I go to bed. My lips are much happier, and this is yet more proof that moms know stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment