Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Patience Pays Off

Waiting is not fun. Patience has never been on of my favorite things, but sometimes it is a necessary part of life. When we use it properly, it can pay great rewards.

I've been looking for a pair of tall black leather boots for over two years (yes, I know all the guys stopped reading right there.) I refuse to pay lots of money for them, and that has definitely made it more challenging. I've looked at several, but none has ever been "it."

And then a week ago Saturday the sky parted. I was in Dillard's since they were having an "extra 30% off" sale on their marked down items. I saw a pair of Eccos (super nice, super expensive brand) that looked promising. They were a bit more than I wanted to pay, but I know they are well made. There were none in my size, but the salesperson mentioned she had similar pair by Nurture I might like. I LOVE this brand, and I have several pairs of shoes from them (all bought on markdown of course). She looked, and the only pair left in the entire store was my size AND they were $66. I tried them on, and they were perfect. See how gorgeous they are:

 
 
But wait, it gets better. At the register they rung up for $46! The $66 she had quoted was the price before the additional 30% off. Oh yes, happy dance. When I looked at the box, the original price was $189. What a deal.
 
 
While I did not enjoy the process of waiting to purchase these boots, I am very pleased with the end result.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment