Total Pageviews

Monday, July 15, 2013

This is not how it's supposed to work

Recently I needed a for new battery one of my vehicles. Normally this involves a ten minute visit to the auto parts store, and then you are on your way as good as new. My experience did not go like that. Below is the e-mail I sent to the auto parts store expressing my displeasure:

I am writing to tell you of my recent disappointing and frustrating interactions with your (store in my town). On June 8th I visited this store to have a battery replaced in my (SUV). When I arrived, the employee (his name began with a “Q”) was unsure if they even had a battery that would fit it. I left without a battery.

I then called my brother, who works at (another store in the chain). He assured me the battery the person in (my town) had mentioned would fit. I returned to the (my town) store the next day. The same employee was working. I told him what battery I needed. He came out to my car with a wrench and one socket. He said this was not the right socket. He went back into the store for another socket and returned a long time later with one more socket. It wasn't right either. After another long trip into the store he announced that they didn't have the correct size socket to remove the battery. I asked what my options were. He said they could use vise grips to get it out. I immediately vetoed this idea and asked what it was going to take to get this battery changed. He suggested I got to a mechanic shop. I then left again, still with no battery.

I was incensed that I had not been able to accomplish the simple task of getting a new battery. I again contacted my brother at (his) store. He said each store has a cart used to change batteries that has everything you need, including a wide variety of sockets. He also informed me that if by chance they don't have the right socket, they can pull one off the shelf. After all, it's an auto parts store.

I was very angry that I had wasted all this time at the (my town). I had my brother purchase the battery at his store, and he was able to install it at my sister's house in under five minutes using his own basic tools that he keeps in his truck.

I am very displeased by the lack of service received from the (my town) store. I had a very routine need, and they were unable to take care of it. This is simply unacceptable. I hope you will look into this matter and implement appropriate corrective action so that other customers do not have the nightmare of an experience that I did.


Here is the company's response:

Please accept our sincere apology for the poor service and rude treatment you received at our store located in (your town).The actions of our employee, as described in your e-mail, are unacceptable and we will move to correct this immediately. A copy of your e-mail and this response has been forwarded to the store's District and Regional Managers for review and corrective action at the store. We truly appreciate your business and it is our sincere hope you will continue to choose  (our company) for your future automotive needs. If we may be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us. Your comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Hopefully they do improve because as my niece would say it was "a disaster".

No comments:

Post a Comment