Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Snow Days Rock

I wanted to tell you how fabulous my snow day yesterday was. It started off great as I got to awaken without an alarm clock. I ate breakfast, then I did a few things around the house. Before you know it, it was time for lunch. Since I was home, I decided to make spaghetti & meatballs with garlic bread. While I was cooking it, I got a call. It was someone calling about a job I had applied for Friday after work. Yes, within half a business day I got a call. That is practically unheard of. I talked with the person who would be my boss, and the more she described the position, the more excited I got. I mentioned that I'd have to interview outside normal business hours due to being new at my job and not having time off, and that didn't phase her in the least. She said she'd send me an interview worksheet to complete.

Excited by this call, I finished fixing my lunch. It was delicious.



Another project I had decided to try for the day was my first attempt at making from scratch whole wheat bread with my new KitchenAid mixer. I got that mixed up and started the rising process. By that point I had received the interview worksheet which was some scenarios based on things I might encounter in the job. I'm a bit of a nerd, so I actually enjoying answering them. I compiled my responses and e-mailed them back. Later in the afternoon the person called and thanked me for completing them so quickly (she knew I was home on a snow day). She asked if I could interview at 7 AM on Thursday. I said of course. She also said if by chance my job was closed again today or opened late we'd try to schedule my interview for then.

I spent a lot of time in the afternoon goofing on the internet. I also went outside for less than 5 minutes to make sure I could get my car doors open and to scrape my windshields. I finished baking my bread too.



Looks pretty doesn't it? I was quite proud. I ate some for breakfast today with nutella, and it was tasty.

Yesterday evening I got a pleasant surprise when my boss called to say our office would be opening two hours late today. Of course I was not sad at this news! I promptly e-mailed my interview contact, and shortly thereafter we set up my interview for 8:30 this morning. Yesterday was a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment