Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

You get what you'll tolerate

One of my observations in life is that you get what you'll tolerate in terms of how people treat you. My coworker was telling me about how one of her customers had been rude to her. She said "someone more assertive would probably have not had this issue." She's right. The customer is seeking services. My coworker ultimately decides if the customer will receive those. If the customer can't treat people with respect, she is not a candidate for services in my opinion period. As I told my coworker "I don't make enough at this job to put up with anything." If I notice a customer being rude to any of my coworkers and that person comes to me for assistance, he or she is first of all going to wait before being seen. I consider it a a time out. As I tell people, my employer says I have to help people with certain things. It doesn't say I have to do it quickly. If it's a non mandatory service, they won't get it at all.

People are normally fairly quick to pick up on what you'll tolerate. I rarely dealt with much crazy from my coworkers or vendors in my last job because it was readily apparent I would not put up with it. I treat others around me with respect and demand the same in return. If you don't like how others are treating you, it's time to examine what expectations for behavior you project.

No comments:

Post a Comment