Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bye Bye Battery

Today after work I got in my car and drove to the mailbox at the end of our company's drive. After I deposited the mail in the box, I got back in my car and turned the key. Nothing but clicking. I tried again, the same result. I was almost positive it was the battery as it's over 9 years old. I could have called AAA, but I knew that would probably entail a long wait. I got someone from work to jump my car (with my battery cables of course. I am my father's daughter) and headed straight to AutoZone. After having it  tested (for free, it's part of their service), it was indeed determined that the battery was dead. I left about half an hour and $114.24 later with a fresh installed (also part of the service) battery.

It was crazy that I had no warning. It started just fine after work, then 3 minutes later wouldn't start at all. I am very thankful it died there and not late at night in the pouring rain in some area without people around. I hope this battery lasts as long as the old one. Good job Ford on OEM batteries!

No comments:

Post a Comment