Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Divine Timing

Last night I was on my way to get gas after having dinner with my family. The road I was going to take was blocked by a police car. I assume this was due to damage from the severe thunderstorm that came through while we were eating. I took the detour which added at least 5 minutes to my trip (Topic of the sermon we had just heard at church before dinner? Patience. Yes, God has a sense of humor if you didn't already know that). I filled up my car and headed home. Just a couple miles before I got here, I had one of those driving experiences that you rarely get- it was sunny out the driver's side window, and I was driving through rain. I thought to myself- this is rainbow weather. Sure enough, shortly before my turn off of the highway, I saw one. Once I got off the highway, I pulled into a parking lot, grabbed my camera, and took these shots.




Not only did I get some great shots, if you look closely at pictures 1-3, it was a DOUBLE rainbow.

I was struck by the divine timing involved in getting these shots. The rainbow was only there for a couple of minutes. Had I not had to take the detour, I wouldn't have been able to take these pictures. I normally don't carry a camera with me either, but I'd had lunch with a friend yesterday, so I had one. Divine timing all around. I'm very appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment