Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Car Care Clinic

One of my original plans for today was to wash my Tracker. However, with a 40% chance of rain, I decided postpone that activity until tomorrow. Instead, I did what I like to call car care clinic. I checked the air in all tires on both vehicles and added as needed. I topped off the windshield washer fluid in both rides. Care car tip #1- Prestone De-icer is THE best. I use it year round. The cheap blue stuff you buy or that car service places use is just that- cheap. It freezes on contact in winter, and it doesn't clean that well. Prestone melts frost and does a great job of cleaning. No, they aren't paying me to say it, but I'd definitely take a couple free bottles for this plug.

I also did my pre-winter ritual of using silicone spray on the seals of my sports car. This was a trick my dad taught me. It really does keep your doors and trunk from freezing shut. Car car tip #2- if you don't take this advice and your doors do freeze, DO NOT pull on them as hard as you can to open them. You can break off your door handle and still not get in your car. First, try opening another door. Often times the other side of the car will open fine. If that doesn't work, find the least stuck door. Pull gently until you feel resistance. Then push the door back toward the card. Repeat. This back and forth motion will often rock the door loose.

Finally, I cleaned the inside of my Tracker. I could almost hear it saying "Oh boy, oh boy" when I walked toward it with the cleaning products. Let's just say it had been a while, and the fruits of my labors were immediately noticeable.

Tomorrow's plan is to wash the Tracker, Armor-all the top, and silicone all seals. Cars feel loved when you take care of them. I think both mine feel pretty good right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment