Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

I Know Now What I Don't Want

Robin Wright said this after her divorce from Sean Penn. I've always liked this quote because I think it is important to know both what you do want and what does not work for you. Taken together they can help you make the best decisions. Here are some examples of things I don't want.
 
1. I don't want to work with the general public in my next job.
2. I don't want to treat people in a way I wouldn't want to be treated.
3. I don't want to have to work until I'm 80.
4. I don't want the important people in my life to ever doubt that I love them.
5. "I don't want to date anyone with less "stuff" than me"- former coworker. By this she meant someone with his own car, job, place to live, etc., not materialistic "stuff". She later violated her own rule and it set her back years financially. I've adopted this rule for myself.
6. I don't want to look back on my life and say "I wish I'd...".
7. I don't want to spend my time or money on things that aren't fulfilling.
 
Being honest with yourself about what you don't want is something we need to all do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment