Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

In What Universe

Here's the gist of a phone call I got at work today

M= Me
C= Caller
(thoughts in my head)

M: Hello, this is M
C: Hi M, can you have a personal call at work?
M (already getting a sense of foreboding): Who is this?
C: I'm not going to tell you yet
M: (Foreboding confirmed, should have hung up at this point): Uh, ok
C: I know you're single. Are you dating anyone?
M: (I REALLY should have hung up earlier). Correct and no

At this point the person tells me who he is. He's the ex-relative of a current employee (who he said he never liked him and would lie about him) and also a former employee (who he said would tell them honest truth about him). He just got divorced  (I'm not so sure it's final) and I'm pretty sure has kids my age. AND HE HAS THE NERVE TO ASK ME OUT.

In what universe did he even think that I would say yes? I was mad and insulted. I turned him down obviously. I was even pretty polite about it, but I owe that to my state of shock rather than conscious good manners.

This is not the first time someone WAY age inappropriate has hit on me. One day this summer I was minding my own business reading a book on my front porch when this guy parks his car (after driving past at least once), comes up to me, and asks me out. He was old enough to have GRANDKIDS my age. DUDE, you have NO chance. This story does, however, bring great entertainment to others when I tell it.

Again, in what universe did he think that would happen? People, call reality. You're obviously not in touch at the present time.

No comments:

Post a Comment