Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It All Makes Sense Now

Last Monday my coworker and I had a conversation that went like this:

Coworker: "What's up with X?"
Me: "Huh?"
Coworker: "He gave notice"
Me: "Huh?"

X of is one of our warehouse associates, a nephew of one of our employees, and the cousin of yet another. He's only been with us a little over a year. That day he had turned in a handwritten resignation note saying he was resigning for personal reasons and his last day would be this Friday. We were completely shocked.

I went back to try to get some scoop from him, but he just said it was time to do something different. I then jokingly asked one of his coworkers "What did you do to X?". The coworker let it spill. He said X said his plan was to quit this (full time with benefits) job to work part time at Best Buy and then maybe go into the Army. Apparently X has some outstanding student loans, and he'll be able to defer them while he's in the Army (of course, you still have to pay them when you get out. There are two ways to get rid of student loans- pay them off or die).

This seemed like a questionable plan to me, but as my coworker said, X is young and factory work isn't for him. I get that. X can also be spacey at times, so I chalked it up to that.

Well, now the situation suddenly makes a great deal more sense. My coworker said today that she heard that X had apparently gone out a few times with Y, one of our young female employees. It seems that Y is now going out with Z, another young male employee, and X saw them together Friday night which put him over the edge I guess. He then called his supervisor at midnight that night to resign. While perhaps not the best reason to make what appears to be a rash occupational decision, this seems like a better explanation to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment