Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 20, 2011

It's That Octagonal Red Thing

Last night as I neared my apartment, I noticed a car pulled over with its flashers on. As I passed it, I realized it looked like my neighbor's car. I turned around to go back and see if it was her, and if so make sure she was ok. By the time I'd turned around, the car was driving away. Sure enough, it was my neighbor. When I got out of my car in the parking lot, she said "Did you see me get pulled over?" I said no, that I'd just seen what I thought was her car with the flashers on. She said she'd gotten pulled over for failing to stop at the railroad tracks which are located right on the turnoff from the highway leading to our street. There is a stop sign located right after the tracks that people constantly run (one of my other neighbors today said he runs it all the time). She was on her cell phone the entire time from the moment she stepped out of the car. I could hear her say "I didn't even know there was a stop sign there". I helpfully added "It's been there the entire time I've lived here". I also heard her say "I guess I should have went out tonight and gotten drunk. At least I wouldn't have gotten a ticket."

Mind you, this is the same neighbor who recently had her car towed for driving with tags expired for a very long time. She's also the one who had the washcloth zip tied on as a windshield wiper. Her car antics definitely provide great blog fodder.

No comments:

Post a Comment