Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Most Precious Resource

If I asked you what the most precious resource is in the entire world, what would you say? Perhaps you'd answer gold ($1722.93/oz as I write this). Maybe you'd say platinum ($1633/oz currently). Or possibly you'd go the gemstone route and say rubies (more rare and thus valuable than diamonds. Blame the cartels for what you pay for the latter). I'd say the answer is none of these. It is TIME.

But wait, you say, I only make $8/hour. How is my time more valuable than anything you've listed above. It's simple. You can't get time back and you can't buy more. We all get the same number of hours in a day, whether we are megarich like Warren Buffett or just an average joe. It's a level playing field in that regard.

I absolutely detest people who waste my time. It is very valuable, and those who squander it incur my wrath. We should treat others' time the very same way. I get very upset when we make people wait after their scheduled interview times for no good reason. It's so disrespectful, and if I were the candidate it wouldn't enamor me of us.

Time is a precious, precious resource. Invest yours wisely, and be mindful of how you treat other people's.

No comments:

Post a Comment