Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 7, 2012

4th of July Food

For my family's 4th of July gathering, I made chocolate covered stawberries and chocolate pizza.




Around Valentine's Day one year, I was shocked to see chocolate covered strawberries sold in the grocery store for almost $10 for a 6 pack. CRAZY. If you can operate a microwave, you can make them for a fraction of the cost in just a few minutes. What you see is about a pound and a half of strawberries, $0.99/pound at Aldi. I bought the dipping chocolate some time ago, but I paid no more than $3, probably more like $2. So, at most I had $4.50 in the whole tray. A tip for making them: the strawberries need to be completely dry so the chocolate won't clump when you're dipping them. The easiest way to do this is put them on a towel or pan and leave them overnight. Make sure you flip them once so all sides will be dry. You could of course wash them and dry each one right before you dip them, but who wants to do that?

Give it a try some time. The presentation is beautiful, and it tastes amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment