Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I'm handing over my tiara

If you've read my blog for a little bit, you've probably gathered that part of my job is safety management for my company. For the last year and a half, I've desperately been trying to get away from doing this, either by pawning it off on someone else (I was told there's no one else) or by finding a new job entirely (I've been very actively looking). The reasons why aren't important for this post, but they were very strong, trust me. Well, low and behold, my reign as the Safety Queen is OVER! We recently hired a new person on our team for another reason. My boss knew I was trying to quit since I'd told him SEVERAL times how unhappy I was. Guess what the new guy got as part of the team realignment? SAFETY. YES, it's time for a HAPPY DANCE. I'm not sure what else I'm getting, but I am THRILLED to be free from safety. I'm training the new guy now, and I am hoping for a complete hand off soon. I'm still supposed to be his backup when he's traveling, on vacation, etc. but that is an easily bared burden. Am I still looking for a new job? Yes, but more passively now. I'm ready to do something different, but my current gig suddenly became much more tolerable in the interim.

No comments:

Post a Comment